Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Memoirs of a Jury Duty Person ~ Part 1

So here I am. Sitting in the Jury lounge. I was summoned over a year ago, but my clever abilities at rescheduling has placed my third and final date... to today. July 8th, 2009. I arrived about 7:20am this morning and was lucky enough to find a table to setup my laptop. I learned from the last time I was here. You need a table if you want a laptop. What I didn't realize last time, was you also need Internet access. Now I do.

So I'm ready.

It feels like the same ol' jury duty. The only difference this year is a little informative video that attempts to elicit a feeling of pride and civic duty.

The only thing I could think of is perhaps twittering the entire event, as it happened. Then I realized that my twitter account is directly tied into my Facebook status update. I personally don't want to let everyone on Facebook know EVERY SECOND of EVERY MOMENT I want to tweet something like:

"9:30am - Still not selected"

So I figured, I'll just blog it. Hopefully that won't bug nobody and I can document this MOMENT IN HISTORY.

First post:

Time: 8:55am
Status: Not Selected.

No comments: