Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Adobo: Round Three! *Ding Ding!*

So many moons ago, I tried making Adobo without my standard recipe.
THIS ENTAILS THAT STORY

Then, I tried again, WITH my standard recipe.
There was a fatal flaw written into the mix:

I had accidentally written... 1 TABLESPOON of Salt vs. 1 Teaspoon.
If you didn't know... A tablespoon is stupidly more salt than a teaspoon.

So when the time came to try the sauce, it was saltier than the dead sea.

I mean, it wasn't like I threw it away. I kept adding water and stuff till the saltiness left.
But by then it was an epic failure.

So today, I was feeling Adobic Thoughts. I felt that it had been long since I put that recipe to the test and tried to redeem myself.

So I did.

(<- Image is not actual adobo I made)

This time. This time it wasn't bad at all. It's not completely traditional abobo either.
I break all the rules. I cook it in a deep sabaw (sauce). I make it very very heavy in vinegar and garlic. I then eat it usually with a LITTLE side of ketchup and bananas.

So judge me. I don't give a fuck.

I like my adobo that way. And if you hate it, you don't have to eat it.

Anyway, I redeemed myself on the third try, and I have safely updated the recipe to make sure I'm not in Salt Lake City next time I make it.

Alright. LATER. It MUST be Tuesday night.


Mood: Victorious
Food: DOBO
Exercise: Running to Vons...
Condition: Filled.

2 comments:

Eris Asteri said...

Your Adobo is really awesome! I love the vinegariness about it and how it lingers in my mouth after I've finished eating. :) We still have all that rice though...

Rufino2 said...

Man...that looked good. Thanks for calling me.