Thursday, December 29, 2005

Cabin Fever

Two days before the end of the year, and i'm sitting at Lisa's computer posting a blog about my personal lethargy from being cooped up in a pet populated shelter known as 'her place'. Now, mind you, i'm not trying to say that i'm unhappy here... it's just, I'm a San Diego plant.

My breed is native to the balmy climate of the Philippines.

I happen to thrive in interactivity and socialization. Being alone for 10 hours a day, and sleeping for 8 of those hours only leave me 6 hours to be with her on a typical work day.

But I do miss my friends and family. (Not to say I have many of them waiting for me in San Diego.)

When I went to Egypt/Greece/London for a month, I had my dad, and everyone on tour to accompany me.

When I went to the Japan, I had my host family and all my friends from the language school.

But when I went to the Philippines with my parents, I was also cooped up in a small room, forced to just draw comics.

I couldn't go out there, because I didn't speak the language very well, and I wouldn't know where to go.

I kind of feel the same way here, but for different reasons.

I can't really leave anywhere with the car because it's super cold, and I really don't have anywhere to go.

The good news is, tomorrow is her last day of work, and then she's off until I get onto the plane to San Diego. So it will be nice to upgrade from being alone for 10 hours a day, to not being alone at all.

But if this trip has taught me anything... it has taught me to appreciate where I live, and to take advantage of my days there in San Diego. Be it working, or playing, or hanging out with friends, I should really leave computer time for things like blogging and watching anime, and have the rest of the time outside of my house enjoying life.

So in honor of the end of the year, i've decided to make a bold manuever and contact old contacts that I thought I wouldn't ever call back. I think when someone decides to go forward in their life, they have to make amends with the unfinished business of the past. There's this story, about a girl named Donna Watts, and I think the next time I post... i'll go into that deeper... but this sense of 'reconnection' is really important if I plan to be stronger going into 2007.

Wish me luck.

No comments: