Sunday, December 04, 2005

A Quiet Sunday

Today was a quiet and mostly introspective day where I spent a lot of time to myself. As far as blogging is concerned, I don’t(thought I didn't) really have much to expand on. I dropped a post EARLIER today to make up for the night before. If anything, I looked through my old 'digital 'diary' I kept since 2002.

The original concept was interesting. It was 'batch' file. To those who don't know, a batch file is a pretty useful computer file that you run that can do multiple things. For example... my batch file... when I ran it, opened up a text file that had a pre-filled out form that I could fill out, which logged my exercise and diet for the day along with any thoughts I wanted to put in. As soon as I saved and closed out the text file program, the batch file would then run my winamp MP3 player, and play a playlist of my choice. Usually it was some type of motivational music, like Mortal Kombat, or something with high energy. I figured, if I set it up like that, i'd be more inclined to use my diary on a daily basis, with the reward of having my music play immediately afterward.

The whole 'digital diary' thing lasted for about 45 days... then I lost control. Around that time... the fall of 2002... I was doing SO MUCH at the same time:
  1. I was a full time student.
  2. I had a part time job as a jewelry salesman.
  3. I had a part time job as a senior citizen driver.
  4. I was in a research lab under Dr. Cronan studying Colorectal Cancer and Fibromyalgia.
  5. I was a teachers assistant for Dr. Glaser's Psychology 271 Statistics Class.
  6. I was the President of the Psychology Club.
  7. I was jogging at MIRAMAR LAKE every morning.
  8. I was working out with Jarold every afternoon.

So i'm not really SURPRISED that I crashed and burned around that time. But for at least 45 days, I was doing ALL of those things. Then I noticed, while reading through the log, that I started dropping one thing at a time. I first started studying less, then I dropped the driving job, then I slacked in the research lab, and eventually I stopped working out. It was pretty much downhill after that... and as I read through the 'log', it became more of an off-an-on journal ranting about a LOT of things.

And in those rants, I learned that my brother was right... I was really really hard on myself.

It was a constant self-motivating battle in each entry, constantly telling me that I gave up one day, and that i'd pick up the next, with a lot of self-bashing in the middle. It was really refreshing to read through it and really see myself almost a year later... (the last post was in 2004) .

As for that whole 'donation' thing? Like I said, other than Jarold and Lisa... (whom both either read it from the blog, or was talked to about directly) no one from Myspace probably even got a chance to read it. (Cept Kristie, but i'm guessing Jay told her about it.) That leaves the donation stuck in limbo at $5.50. Now my brother wants to join in... and still can ~

by going to paypal, and...

OH SHIT. Hahahahahahahah Man. First off, Jarold... dude... i'm sorry.

Check this out... (click on the picture.)

If you could read that... basically, when Jay donated 50 cents... there was a processing fee of 31 cents.

So Jay, you gave me 19 cents.

Somehow, I feel warm inside that this didn't get out to everyone. If 57 people donated 19 cents to me each... I'd have $10.83. I wouldn't even have HALF for the flicker account.

Thank you paypal, for making me sniff my own butt.

See, when Lisa donated, her $5.00 was spared, because she was charged 0.45 cents for the transaction.

My TOTAL is less than Lisa's original gift of $5.00. It's like $4.74, and that is in NO WAY SAD.

So BRO, if you're reading this... you have to donate like 10.00 bucks for this to even make sense. Stupid retarded Gaypal.

Thankfully, i'm selling a couple things I bought from Best Buy on Black Friday... and i'll put up the links to those auctions tomorrow, when it's about to close. The thick of it is... I spent roughly 42.99 for the items that i'm auctioning, and i'm hoping to at least get... well... all of it, if not more... back.

Now I need to sleep. But I also have to laugh. Stupid paypal... hahahahah.



Mood: Amused. But annoyed.
Food: 2742 :( bad mel.
Exercise: Lots of... typing?
Condition: Sleepy... but angry at Paypal. Jerkwads.


No comments: