Saturday, December 10, 2005

New. Cheap. Jacket.

I'm finished with all my shopping. (Christmas cards and nephew gifts.)


  • I'm done.
  • I'm like 95% healed from my past sickness. (We've got slight congestion, and an ANNOYING sore throat that's more of an 'irritated' throat, not to mention a case of 'sexy grumbly voice'.)
  • I cleaned out the two vehicles today, and all presents that need to be wrapped... are WRAPPED.
  • I DIDN'T win an XBOX 360 (Despite attempts.)
  • I DID, however, LOSE my awesome Leather Jacket, and in trade purchased a new Snowboarding Jacketo.

It was 'like' at first sight. I was snooping around Radio Shack, when I decided to check out the Big 5 Sporting Goods (where my Niece works). As usual, i'm only ONE piece away from finishing my TOTALLY SWEET Snowboarder's Complete Package. What's the missing ingredient?

No, it's not love.

It's a jacket. So I always swing by to see if there's any ridiculous sales, like a 100 dollar jacket for, 50 bucks, or something. So I see this jacket here... (see below)



... and i'm thinking, "It's... XXL, and it's water and snow resistant... with fleece inner lining... hmmm, it also matches my snowboard pants to some extent... hmmm... how much IS it?"

$ 80.00

HOLY BUTT GRENADES. I don't have 80 bucks. (Ask Flickr... according to them, I have like, (-24.95) punks.) Anyway, I figure, "hey, this might be on sale, it might even be 40 bucks... THEN i'll think about buying it."

So I go to the cashier chick, and have her scan it.

Mel: "I just wanted to see, out of MORBID curiosity, how much this fine jacket costs?"

Chicky: "..." (She types in the prices slowly, and without luster.) "$25.00"

Mel: (blinking) "Excuse me?"

Chicky: "... $25.00"

Mel: "25 bucks? That's it?"

Chicky: "... No sir. There's tax too."

Mel: "Oh."

Well, since there was tax, I decided not to buy it- OF COURSE I WANTED TO BUY IT!!!!! But you know me, i'm cheaper than a Filipino on his last dime. So I figure i'll get my awesome niece to give me that FAT 10% discount! SCREW YOU TAXES!

Yeah, so the moral of the story is... I lost my awesome black leather coat...


I mean, HOW do you LOSE a BIG-ASS thick heavy Black Leather Coat, like <---- that one ---< ??!?! That thing kept me FLIPPIN WARM every single time I needed it. So at least I have a replacement to wear while i'm in ICY-HELL... erm... South Dakota.

So what's left?

->Clean.

->Pack.

->Party.

->Leave.

Everything else, baby it's CHRISTMAS.
But seriously... I wanna know where my jacket is. STEVE?!?! DO YOU HAVE IT?! DID YOU ACCIDENTALLY PUT IT YOUR LUGGAGE?!?! *cries*



Mood: Sad, and slightly nostalgic.
Food: 1675... and I thought I ate MORE...
Exercise: Wrapping Gifts... haha.
Condition: Slightly MIFFED.

No comments: