Sunday, December 11, 2005

A salute, to two old friends...

Lost.

lose ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lz)
v. lost, (lôst, lst) los·ing, los·es
v. tr.

To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.

I don't really want to dwell. But last night, and into this morning, I had to come to grips with a sad realization... my wonderful jacket, and my steadfast backpack are both gone, and I will not see them again.

I believe that they were in my mom's suv...
And that the door, or back window was opened or unlocked, and in a short time, someone came in and jacked whatever they could in that time span. I'm starting to believe this because I also had a 'CD Case' that I stored a lot of my old burned CD's in that car that isn't there.

I mean, obviously, if I was the one who left the car unlocked, it was MY fault that the items were stolen. That only makes things feel WORSE. I really don't care too much for the 'burned' CD's or the case for that matter. It was really the Jacket and Backpack that I have some connection to...

My jacket was a warm long black leather coat purchased for me by my mom, for my birthday almost two years ago. It was slick, heavy, and quite the most useful. It went with me when I FIRST visited Lisa, and when I wandered the busy streets of New York. It has protected me from a LOT of cold situations, and because it was bought for me by my mom, it has a lot of sentimental value. It's loss sucks ass, and i'm very upset that someone stole it. I cast a curse on you. A VIOLENT CURSE!!!

As for my backpack... that loss is a beast of a different nature...

This backpack was my 'SDSU' pack. It served me, my entire career in San Diego State University, and experienced some of the HOTTEST co-eds one could imagine. It was there when I was a Film Major, and carried my books when I decided to become a Psychology Major... it was my backpack when I became the Psychology Club President... and it was my backpack when I graduated after 5 years. On TOP of that, it has travelled the world with me. It was inside of Stone Henge AND the Pyramids of Giza. For the most part, it's been my reliably trusty travel partner. It was also there when I went to New York, and it carried it's weight when I lost 11 lbs. in Philadelphia.

Most importantly... there was a charm inside of the first pocket. The charm was a smallish brass colored triangle with an eye on it, and the word 'ROMA' embossed on it. My father gave me that charm, and told me that as long as I believed in it, it would protect me, even from bullets. That was the main reason why the backpack had to go with me, wherever I went. It's because it was my good luck, and my safety. It was the reason I felt comfortable on a plane. It was connected to a keychain holder on the inside of the outer pocket... and just like the bag it was attached to... it's also gone.

What does this mean? Does this loss of a jacket, and greater loss of an important backpack signify an important change? Does it mean i'm not 'invincible' anymore, and I shouldn't count on the 'warmth' and 'comfort' and 'reliability' of my parents? Does it mean, I should think about cutting down on the travelling, and focusing on the 'working' aspect? Or does it mean some DUMB FUCK JACKED MY SHIT?

*breathes*

I'm not upset.


Mood: Bitter.
Food: 1455 Calories (Not much... huh?)
Exercise: None... I cleaned and packed all day today.
Condition: Getting over it. Slowly.

1 comment:

Rufino2 said...

That sucks bro. I still hope it turns up somehow.