Wednesday, December 07, 2005

FLICKR'D in the head.

: ( <- THAT, my dear audience is the emoticon of an UNHAPPY FACE.

Flickr went ahead and pressed it's finger deep into my heart, and punctured my left ventricle.

And people, it hurts. Like a smelly bitch.

I tried. I sent such a solid request, thinking NOTHING of it. Thinking, "hey, these guys aren't heartless beasts, they'll totally understand my problem and rectify it without as much as a 'no problemo' "

Alas, I was wrong.

Here, I present an interexchange between I, and a rep from Flickr... enjoy...

Mel: "Dear Flickr... I did something silly. In my haste of getting a year account, a good friend of mine decided to get me one as well... so, as much as i'm sure i'll be getting a 2nd year... I could REALLY use the cash for Christmas... and I would appreciate a refund. I haven't had OR used the account for more than a day, and I already have a Year Subscription bought for me by my friend. Thanks! -Mel" {This was a dramatization of the original 'remark' tag I sent to Flickr, because you know, they don't 'TALK' to anyone.}

And here is what follows...

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- [ From FLICKR to Mel ] 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Hi Romel,

I'm very sorry but Pro accounts are non-refundable.

Regards,
Ana

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- [ From Mel to FLICKR ] 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Ana,

I mean, I didn't really have the account for more than a day or so, and my friend ended up buying me a year... is there really no other option for me? I really need the money for Christmas, if there's anything you can do I would greatly appreciate the help.

-Romel


-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- [ From FLICKR to Mel ] 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Hi Romel,

I am very sorry but there is no other option.

Regards,
Ana

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0- [ From Mel to FLICKR ] 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

:(

I've never heard of a company that can't do refunds. But you make me cry, Ana. I cry for the Christmas I can't give.


What would baby Jesus do?

Gimme my refund. That's what he'd do.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

I don't know if I want to end this JUST yet.

I'm going to take this up with Paypal, to see if they'll try to help me.

I mean, it won't hurt to try. Right?

*UPDATE*
The gloves are OFF baby! I took it to the Paypal Resolution Center.
NOW we're GONNA talk.
Whether they like it or not.


Mood: Contemplative.
Food: 2392 Caloric
Exercise: Lifting a Receiver.
Condition: Clearing the throat often.

No comments: