Sunday, December 04, 2005

My Camera is bigger than YOURS!

I'm gonna be straight up honest.

I don't dislike my brother-in-law.

I mean SURE...

He can be a ~



or totally ~



but the fact is, he's not a bad guy. (I mean if he was, what kind of person would that make my sister?!)

But last night, he and my bro were shining examples of 'boys and their toys'.

See, my brother (<- click here) is all about toys. If it's hot, if it's new, if it's trendy... he's GOTTA have it. (read his XBOX entry.)

BUT, he'll compromise on the condition of such item:
  • If it's used.
  • If it's refurbished.
  • If it's from Craigslist.
  • If it's from a trenchcoated dude on Wall St. and Broadway... as long as it's the item (or at least looks and FUNCTIONS like the item) he'll get it, as long as he gets an exclusive discount for it.

Anyway, he's all about taking an obscene amount of pictures of his family, and of course, his child. So I wasn't too particularly surprised, when he showed up earlier this year with his new 8 megapixel Canon camera...

It's totally cool. I took a picture of my 'profile' pic with it, and I had to photoshop out ALL THE THOUSANDS OF PORES on my face, that this damn thing captured. So in my humble opinion, it's ~da shit~.

Now, my brother-in-law Paul... he likes toys too... but it's a LITTLE different. If the said 'TOY' appear in Sears or Home Depot, or even Cost-Co... it would be just NICE to have it. BUT if his mind is set on something... he will seek out to purchase the ultimate best super highest quality version of said thing. '

For example...

Let's say he wanted a CD player...

He'd get the HIGHEST RATED CD player on the market, then do a cross comparison versus comparably priced players. THEN once he made the decision, he'd buy the 'Fully Stocked' pack that came with all the side accessories and the 20 year fully covered extensive warranty, and once it was purchased... it would then be proudly used and talked of in great detail and length.

That being said, let the urinal comparison begin.

I suppose Paul got his hands on my brother's camera, and it sparked a want in him to have a nice camera as well. So he ended up buying the same brand of camera that my brother had except the version that cries out "I have 600 more dollars I can afford to spend!"

So last night, my brother, and my brother in law spent a MAJORITY of the evening comparing cameras... trying to figure out why one was so much more expensive than the other...

In the end, the difference wasn't substantial. And only in a professional's eyes, would the difference even matter, but at the same time, a professional would probably be spending 5-10 times as much than EITHER of them.

Eventually Paul confided to me the motivation behind his extravagant purchases... See, he could've bought the camera that my brother bought. Truth be told, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, there's nothing wrong with a lot of the 2nd place 'toys' out there. But Paul is the kinda of guy who will ALWAYS wonder what he was missing. He will always be curious as to what little features that the 'best one' has, which makes it the best. He will always long for getting the absolute MOST for his money, even if that means he's spending MOST of the money. (And in my personal opinion, if he finds out his best friend gets the better version... it will drive him NUTSO.)

When you actually think about it, it's not a bad way to buy things... and truth be told... that fool can AFFORD IT.




Mood: Content.
Food: 2350 Calories beotch.
Exercise: Sleeping. hahah.
Condition: Coughing still. Stupid gay cough.
Song I'm listening to: Sarah McLachlan ~A Song for Winter's Night~




P.S. Happy Birthday to my Sister!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If Paul offered you 10k for your dog's hide, would you SERIOUSLY take it?

Unknown said...

... i'm sorry McCrea. I'm so so sorry.