Tuesday, December 06, 2005

~A funny thing happened on the way to the FLICKR~

Ohhhhhh man.

Impatience + Stubborness = Ironic Situations

YESTERDAY... I came to the sad conclusion that I was NOT going to get .19 cents from 57 people, to have enough to get a Flickr account Pro.

So, resolved, I decided to just MAKE the money to get that subscription. I'd use the wiles of E-Bay to make enough to sustain a year of the Photo Site.

As luck would have it I ran an auction that made me 26 buckaroonies. Subtract the 1.05 for silly Gay-Pal fees... and what did that leave me?

24.95

What was ALSO that EXACT same price?

A Pro-Flickr Account for One Year.

So like a an assist in basketball...

The Auction winner passed me 24.95, and I shot it right for the Flickr account... all through Gay-Pal.

Suddenly I had a Pro Account. My 200 pictures... suddenly became over 600... because they never really DELETED any pictures from their website... they just cocktease you with the MOST recent 200 you put up, and the other 400 were in 'Get Pro Flickr or Rot' Hell.

Exploring the options in Flickr... I was like a Kid in a Candy Shop... or in THIS case... a Mel in a Flickr Pro Site. There's a ton-a-bunch of stuff to use in there... it was like the Non-Pro account was a joke... and THIS was the Relevant-Real-Deal-Holyfield.

"Flicker Pro... nigga."


So yay, I had my Flickr account, and actually I was going to post LAST night about my joy in attaining something...

Here comes the big ol' flaming ball of IRONIC COMEDY.

I speak to Jarold... (Or ~ ol' 19 Cents ~ as I like to call him) online, and he's like 'Oh, did you check your Myspace?'

And i'm like.

'No'

And then he's like.

'You should.'

And i'm like.

'I'm on it, like bubonic. Erm... Plague... is... to... people." < - (okay, I never said that.)

So then there's a series of gasping and cussing which would follow shortly thereafter... (See image below...)



On the top left image, Jay basically congratulates me on being able to enjoy unlimited pictures... wait... DOES HE ALREADY KNOW I HAVE AN ACCOUNT?!? Oh wait... let me check my G-Mail...

*Is GREATLY suprised!*

His 'kindness' came a day AFTER I 'kindnessed' myself. And I mean, I 'kindnessed' ALL OVER my keyboard.

SO, I basically told Flickr I want my money back. No offense. I'm probably going to extend with them until a better site opens or whatnot, but i'd REALLY rather use the 24.95... and add it to the unhappy little 4.74 sitting in Paypal to do some good in the cold country. (I need EVERY FRICKING PENNY I CAN HORDE.)

So cross your fingers people. Bid daddy Mel wants his mo-fockin' cash money bizzack.




Mood: Slightly Confused.
Food: 1710 Calories (Busy getting my badass haircut.)
Exercise: Being wicked dumb?
Condition: It's midnight, and my stomach's grumbly. I mean, 1710 calories???


No comments: